Spectrum is providing a new training opportunity regarding the contract process. Contract officers from the SU Office of Technology Licensing (OTL), SoM Research Management Group (RMG) and SU Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) will present on the types of contracts each office negotiates and will explain when and how to engage in the contract process.
This is a great opportunity to take 6 valuable good clinical practice classes, learn very important information and make great progress toward your certification.
Day 1 – Friday, April 28, 2023 9:45-4PM at 3145 Porter Drive
- General & IRB Reporting Requirements
- Study Team Roles & Responsibilities and the Delegation of Authority
- Adverse Events (elective)
Register for Day 1 in STARS
Day 2 – Friday, May 5, 2023 9:45-4PM at 3145 Porter Drive
- The Informed Consent
- Good Documentation Practices
- Understanding Phases of Research and Types of Study Design
Register for Day 2 in STARS
$30/day registration (STAP eligible)
$135/day registration + 3 CA Board of RN units (STAP eligible)
Protocol 101 is a CCTO Orientation Session newly added to our department’s education program that will be required for new hires going forward to complete within their first month of employment.
- Protocol 101: Knowing and Navigating a Protocol: This class provides information on the importance of a protocol document and how to navigate the protocol document. It takes you through what a protocol is and describes the elements of a protocol.
- STARS Code: CCTO-0076-WEB
- Course Type: Self-paced web course (can launch at any time) via STARS
- Estimated Length: About 15 minutes – includes 10-minute video with five-question quiz
Class Completion Requirements:
- Mandatory for new hires, preceding Orientation Session 2 and within first month. Deadline for new hires to complete: by end of first month with the CCTO.
- Staff hired within the last 6 months are encouraged to take this class as well. Tyler will enroll all new hires who started January 2022 or later.
- Renewal is not necessary for this session. It is up to the manager determination if they would like a renewal cadence with their team(s).
If you have any questions or concerns about the new Orientation Session, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
SOCRA Virtual Conference: FDA Clinical Trial Requirements, Regulations, Compliance and GCP
When: Tuesday, June 14 – Thursday, June 16, 2022
Program key highlights relevant to all of us working in research and a good use of your STAP funds (refer to your CRM if using STAP funds):
- Describe what FDA expects in a pharmaceutical clinical trial
- Discuss the science, regulation and assessment of adverse events
- Describe the regulations that apply to the informed consent process
- Describe the parameters included in regulations applying to electronic signatures
- Describe the sponsor/investigator’s legal responsibilities, additional duties and concerns
Dear all CCTO members who may be interested in taking the SOCRA exam this year or anytime in the future,
Please let me know and join me for a 2-day course for the virtual workshop “Clinical Research Professional Certification Preparation and GCP Review Course” that will be held during Wednesday 4/6 and Thursday 4/7 between 12:00pm to 4:00pm ET. This workshop will provide a lot of resources on how to prep for the exam and be immensely helpful especially if you’re new to studying the exam.
The member fee is $295 and the non-member fee $370 (nonmember fee includes a one-year membership in SOCRA), but STAP funds eligible.
Below is the link for more information:
Space is limited, so if you’re interested, please register ASAP.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. Thanks!