CCTO-occupied buildings located on the Stanford Main and Redwood City campuses are located in areas that are generally open to the public. It’s important to be aware of your surroundings. If you see or experience anything uncomfortable or suspicious, please report it to SOM Security immediately at 650-723-7222 or ext. 3-7222.
Please also review the below reminder about building security.
- 800 & 900 Welch Road:
- 800 Welch is a secure building, and we need to be mindful of safety as well as privacy issues. Staff are reminded not to let anyone who does not have badge access to the building into badge-secured areas unless they are being escorted or a known staff/faculty member.
- 900 Welch is not a secure building (external doors remain unlocked majority of the day). While our SCI and CCTO Suites are secured locations (badge access only), anyone can enter the building.
- If safety is a concern, you can call SOM Security 650-723-7222 or ext. 3-7222.
- Redwood City:
- While Discovery Hall is a secure building and has a front desk reception, it’s important to be aware of your surroundings. If safety is a concern, you can call Stanford Security at 650-723-9633.
- SRWC Operations offers Allied Universal Security Services to accompany staff to and from their car parked at Barron Garage or the surface lots. Stanford Redwood City’s 24/7 security team, Allied Universal, is available at 650-421-1313 and require only a 15-minute notice to come meet you.
- The Stanford Faculty Staff Help Center: Offering a variety of services for the Stanford community including confidential counseling, workshops, discussion groups, and facilitated conversations.
- Office of the Ombudsperson at Stanford University School of Medicine: A neutral, confidential and independent resource for dispute resolution for faculty, residents, postdoctoral scholars and students.
For more information, keep on reading.
Please be aware of individuals who might attempt to come into the 800 Welch building (after/before the clinic hours) or step on to the elevator as you are exiting or with you; there have been cases where people without badge access will get on to the elevator and then wait for someone on the 2nd/3rd floor to push the call button so that they can come upstairs without calling someone to come down to let them up/accompany them. Even if someone is a routine vendor (e.g. FedEx, UPS, VRC, etc.) they should be calling upstairs to whomever they are meeting or to one of the administrative staff who should go downstairs to meet them.
If you are suspicious of someone who seems not to belong or looks lost/unsure, and if you feel safe to speak with them, ask if they need assistance. If they are looking for a specific staff member, ask them to wait outside/downstairs while you contact the staff member being requested. Please stay with the unknown party until the situation is resolved or immediately find an administrator who can escort them to the appropriate place/back outside. If it is after hours for the building or if you sense a safety concern, please call SOM Security at 650-723-7222 or ext. 3-7222.
Doors to the outside are at no point to be propped open at any building door that requires badge access. If you find something in the doorway, please remove it and let a supervisor know. If you are trying to prop the door open because you’ve forgotten your badge for the day, please do not do this as it creates a security risk.
Thank you for your help in keeping our buildings, staff, and records safe and secure.