Dear SCI and CCTO Staff Members,
We are following up with additional information regarding the COVID-19 vaccination status sticker distribution for the School of Medicine that was initially announced on July 6.
Vaccination requirement program
The vaccine status stickers are part of Stanford Medicine’s vaccination requirement program, which now applies to the clinical, patient-facing workforce (faculty, staff, postdocs, students) at the School of Medicine, including those who work in or frequent clinical and hospital areas. This is in addition to the university guidelines for vaccination. Those who meet the requirement will be given a COVID-19 vaccine sticker for their ID badge to indicate that they are in compliance.
SoM individuals that don’t frequent a hospital or clinical building are not required to participate in this program and must follow the university guidelines.
Health Check currently has a required question on vaccination status. Effective Sept. 9, Health Check also will begin requiring faculty, staff and postdocs who are vaccinated to upload an image of their vaccine documentation. The upload feature is currently optional.
Sticker distribution details
The School of Medicine’s clinical, patient-facing workforce (faculty, staff, postdocs, students), including those who work in or frequent clinical and hospital areas, can pick up their vaccination status stickers beginning Monday, Aug. 2. Occupational Health Services (OHS) has set up a sticker distribution kiosk at 300P, B12 (former admitting area) in Palo Alto (see map below). Hours of operation will be Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., through the month of August.
Before arriving at the sticker distribution kiosk:
- Take a photo with your smartphone of your COVID-19 vaccination card (showing both doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech or Moderna vaccine, or the one dose of the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine)
- Using the QR code pictured here, complete the form, and upload your photo (QR code will also be available at the kiosk)
Once you arrive:
- Be ready to present your School of Medicine ID badge
- OHS staff will verify your information and give you a sticker
- Place the sticker on the front of your School of Medicine ID badge
Questions about the sticker distribution can be directed to OHSC19vaccination@stanfordhealthcare.org. Any additional sticker distribution locations will be communicated broadly.
Unvaccinated employee testing and face coverings
Stanford is moving up the effective date, to Monday, Aug. 9, of a weekly testing requirement for faculty, staff and postdoctoral scholars who are not fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This decision was based on a recommendation by the Stanford COVID-19 Testing and Vaccine Policy Committee as we work to minimize spread of the highly transmissible Delta variant.
Consistent with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance, Stanford is strongly recommending that individuals, regardless of vaccination status, wear face coverings indoors on campus, and we require their use in campus spaces that are open to the public. They also continue to be required in classrooms, on public transportation and in health care facilities.
We are continuing to monitor the guidance provided by public health authorities and may make modifications in our protocols.
- Employee FAQs about the vaccination requirement program have been updated and include additional information on exemptions, accommodations, and consequences. Access the latest FAQs on StanfordMed TODAY.
- Stanford Health Alerts provides the latest updates in health information for the Stanford community. Please check this site regularly to stay informed about current organizational updates and requirements.
Stanford Cancer Institute Leadership Team