Communication technologies are quite impactful during this telecommute-heavy time. However, if we cannot find your contact info because you don’t have it listed, it’s hard to reach out!
Update your Email Signature Block
Model your email signature line based on the recommended information below. Also, always remember to include the CCTO standardized confidentiality statement to your signature.
- Name (e.g. John Doe, RN, CCRP)
- Title (e.g. Clinical Research Manager, Neuro Oncology)
- Department (e.g. Cancer Clinical Trials Office, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford Cancer Institute)
- Contact Information: telephone, email, fax, pager, office/desk address, mail code
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of any portion of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you think you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender at the above e-mail address, and delete this e-mail along with any attachments. Thank you.
How do I setup signatures in Outlook and Webmail?
Update your Stanford Who Directory
Keep your phone number(s) available on your Stanford Directory profile so others can easily find your contact information. Update this information at stanfordyou.stanford.edu. For privacy, you can limit your phone number’s visibility to Stanford employees only.
How do I update this information in StanfordYou?
- See instructions here.
Bonus Tip: Setup Voicemail to Email
You can call directly to Stanford UIT or submit an online ticket to set up your Voicemail to Email function. Additional information about Stanford Voicemail can be found here.
Submit Ticket by Phone: Option
- Call UIT at 650-725-4357 or extension 5-4357
- Select option 2 for “Assistance with Office Phone”
- Request IT to “Set up Voicemail to Email function”
- Provide SUNet ID, phone number, and email
Submit Ticket Online:
- Click this link
the “Describe What You Need” enter in in the following description:
- “I need to set up my voicemail to email function. This is my SUNet ID (provide SUNet ID), I would like voicemails from my phone number (provide number) to be forwarded to my email (provide email).”
- IT will complete the order request and send a confirmation email
Depending on how your phone is configured on the backend, IT may request you submit through a “STAR admin” (someone who has administrative privileges to configure phone tickets). If this is the case, email Tiffany Li and provide your SUNet ID, phone number, and email so she can place the request on your behalf.