FRIDAY APRIL 26th is the 800 Welch Road building FIRE DRILL at 10:00AM! When the fire alarm goes off at 10:00AM, you MUST stop what you are doing and exit the building.
It is mandatory that you participate in this practice emergency drill.
Please read the below carefully.
- Use the STAIRS to exit, not elevators. Close doors, but do not lock them. If you have any permanent or temporary disability that makes it hard for you to walk downstairs, please reach out to the admin team so we may create a plan of action for you.
- If it is safe to do so, take your emergency supplies, car keys, purse and/or wallet, and other personal items (depending on the situation, re-entry to the building may not be available for some time).
- Meet at the Emergency Assembly Point (EAP) – a gray post marked with “83” in front of the building. (See attached photo.) Amanda and Katy will be ensuring that everyone actually exits when the alarm sounds. We will be doing a walk-thru sweep of the floors and ensuring that every person gets out. If you are having a meeting or have any guests in the building, they too must exit.
- Once at the EAP, check in by groups with your manager or lead. They are required to document that you are safe and accounted for. If your manager is not in this building/not here that day, you will report up to the next level (for most of our clinical staff that will be to Brenda). Managers will receive a separate email.
- When can I go back into the building?
- You will receive an “ALL CLEAR” instruction from the Safety & Emergency Management office who will also be participating in the drill. Once this instruction has been issued, you can return inside the building. Do not enter back into the building until the “All Clear” is given.
We need everyone’s cooperation so that we can get through this part of the process as quickly as possible. The drill is expected to last 30 minutes, if all goes to plan.
- Assume all alarms are for real events
- Cease all work immediately
- Turn off any heat source equipment
- Take only what you have on you
- DO NOT go back for personal belongings
- Proceed directly to nearest emergency exit
- Use stairs. DO NOT use elevators
- Report to your Emergency Assembly Point (EAP) and check-in with department representative conducting roll call
- If you have a guest or visitor, make sure they are accounted for at EAP
- If missing, notify a first responder. DO NOT return to the building to look for your guest or visitor
- Keep entrances, sidewalks, driveways and fire lanes clear
- DO NOT re-enter the building until you have been notified by Security or Emergency Response Team (ERT) members that it is safe to do so
- DO NOT re-enter the building simply because the alarm has been silenced
- Fire Department may silence the alarm upon arrival, this is NOT an “all clear”
- Security personnel will provide the “all clear”
- If significant time has passed and no update has come from Security, request an ERT or other representative to call:
- SoM Security 650-723-7222 for on-campus and Research Park