FRIDAY APRIL 5th is the 800 Welch Road building FIRE DRILL at 1:30PM!
When the fire alarm goes off at 1:30PM, you MUST stop what you are doing and exit the building.
It is mandatory that you participate in this practice emergency drill.
Please read the below carefully.
- Use the STAIRS to exit, not elevators. Close doors, but do not lock them. If you have any permanent or temporary disability that makes it hard for you to walk downstairs, please reach out to the admin team so we may create a plan of action for you.
- If it is safe to do so, take your emergency supplies, car keys, purse and/or wallet, and other personal items (depending on the situation, re-entry to the building may not be available for some time).
- Meet at the Emergency Assembly Point (EAP) – a gray post marked with “83” in front of the building. Amanda, Katy, and Christy will be ensuring that everyone actually exits when the alarm sounds. We will be doing a walk-thru sweep of the floors and ensuring that every person gets out. If you are having a meeting or have any guests in the building, they too must exit.
- Once at the EAP, check in by groups with your manager or lead. They are required to document that you are safe and accounted for. If your manager is not in this building/not here that day, you will report up to the next level (for most of our clinical staff that will be to Brenda). Managers will receive a separate email.
- When can I go back into the building? You will receive an “ALL CLEAR” instruction from the Safety & Emergency Management office who will also be participating in the drill. Once this instruction has been issued, you can return inside the building. Do not enter back into the building until the “All Clear” is given.
We need everyone’s cooperation so that we can get through this part of the process as quickly as possible.
The drill is expected to last 30 minutes, if all goes to plan.