Most of our teams work with PHI every day either on computers, on hard copy documents or in other media. We are stewards of this PHI and our patients entrust us to keep it secure at all times. In an effort to secure our CCTO locations, there are a few expectations that are listed below. Please evaluate your space and practices to ensure adherence to these expectations.
- Visitors in our CCTO restricted-access spaces must be escorted at all times by those of us who are authorized to be in those spaces. Escorted visitors may visit restricted-spaces for brief periods of time during which the visitor’s activity should be closely monitored to ensure they don’t have the ability to view or otherwise access PHI
- Cover or erase white boards that contain PHI routinely, both personal white boards and those used by the group for huddle
- File paperwork and folders securely
- Prevent visibility to computer monitors and screens, including locking or logging out of systems when left unattended and using privacy filters on monitors in active use
- Retrieve all print jobs from the printer in real time, particularly if it contains materials with PHI. If your print job cover page does not show your SUNET but rather shows “remote user”, please contact IT to update your system so your SUNET appears and unclaimed print jobs can find their homes