As a Stanford employee, you will be able to easily read emails that are encrypted via the Stanford Secure Email service (messages where the email title begins with secure: ) However, if someone outside of Stanford receives an encrypted email, they will have to register and create a password in order to read the email. If an external colleague or a patient asks for instructions or assistance with the secure email process, you can send them the following instructions.
For more information, keep on reading.
How to Open Secure Email
- Open Email
- In message text, hit the “Click Here” button
- When you arrive at “Registration” page, fill out the form with
- First Name
- Last Name
- Password (make one up)
- Passwords must be 8-20 characters long.
- At least one digit (0-9) is required.
- Your username may not appear in the password.
- Retype Password
- Write down your password.
- Hit the “Continue” button
- You are now in your message and can reply to the sender or forward the email to another email address.
If you try to get back into message and forgot your password:
- Open Email
- In message text, hit the “Click Here” button.
- Then hit “Forgot Password” button to reset password.
- You will receive an email to help you reset your password. (Remember to write down your password.)