In an effort to minimize the use of color copies/printing, please change all printer settings to black and white. In the circumstance when you need color print outs, the change can be made for the single print job.
To find out how to change your printer settings on your PC or Mac, keep on reading.
PC instructions (instructions might vary between computers/printers, screenshots will be coming soon):
- Go to Printers & Scanners Systems Settings
- Select the printer
- Select Manage
- Select Printer Properties
- In the General Tab, select Printing Preferences
- In the Basic Settings Tab, change color mode to black and white, select OK
Mac Instructions (may vary depending on the printer. These instructions are written for the 3rd floor FCTR Xerox copier):
- Open any Word Document and Select File > Print at the top menu. This dialog should pop up.
- Click the dropdown that says Copies & Pages
- Select Xerox Features in the drop down menu.
- In the very last dropdown menu located below Xerox Features, click Color Options
- Select the Black and White option
- Click on the dropdown menu next to Presets and select Save Current Settings as Preset
- Name this preset whatever you’d like (I used Black & White) and select All printers so the preset will apply to all printers